Lobster, Luxury and Lighthouse Package
Available: June 1st – June 30th, 2011
The third week in June may have been officially proclaimed Maine Lighthouse Week but the Historic Inns of Rockland celebrate Lighthouses for the ENTIRE MONTH of JUNE. You will learn all about the life of Maine’s favorite crustacean with this package from “crate to plate”! Enjoy a tour of a local working lobster pound and a cruise on a working Maine lobster boat and take home your own “Got Lobstah” t-shirts. Stay any two consecutive nights in June and get the third night available at 25% off rack rate and you will receive ALL of the following with this package:
- Two Tickets to the Maine Lighthouse Museum valid for a self-guided tour Monday through Saturday or for a special guided tour set up for our guests on Thursday mornings at 10am;
- Exclusive invitation for two for a special guided tour inside the historic Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse by one of the expert volunteers on Wednesday mornings at 10am (weather permitting);
- Receive an autograph copy of Ted Panayotoff’s book, “The Lighthouse at Rockland Breakwater Then and Now” and read about building this historic landmark;
- Two tickets on Captain Jack’s Lobster Adventure where you can lobster firsthand with a real Maine lobsterman and learn lobster lore;
- Exclusive tour of a working lobster pound and wharf where you will learn the rest of the lobster business as it moves from “crate to plate” and watch the lobstermen bring in their hauls;
- Enjoy a lobster lunch for two on a picnic table at the working wharf and taste a Maine lobster right from the water any afternoon at 12:30pm (your innkeeper will make your reservations);
- Two “Got Lobstah” T-shirts;
- Commemorative Maine Lighthouse Book with photographs, facts, and the history of Maine’s lighthouses;
- Map and driving directions to six local lighthouses and an official Lighthouse map to all of Maine’s lighthouses;
- A chocolate seascape handmade by a local chocolatier;
- Two souvenir Lobster Hats – sure to make you smile!
Want more???? Your innkeepers can assist you with reservations for a Lighthouse boat trip to see several more lighthouses inaccessible by land; a scenic plane or helicopter ride to view more remote lighthouses not accessible by boat tours; or even a lobster lunch picnic! All inclusive package rates will vary depending on room choice and date of reservation. Two-night packages at the Berry Manor Inn range from $405 to $725 (dbl occupancy) and three-night packages with the 3rd night discounted will range from $515 -$935 (dbl occupancy) throughout the entire month of June. Please feel free to contact your innkeeper to customize your package.
* Package cannot be combined with any other discounts. Reservation subject to prevailing lodging tax and is subject to the inn’s normal ten day cancellation policy and other policies.